What We Fund
The summer of 2015 saw the beginning of an Arts Funding Initiative by PAC•LA. Our growing membership base has enabled us as a nonprofit group to make donations and grants to Southern California institutions dedicated to preserving photographic history and to increasing the awareness of photography as an important contemporary art form.
PAC•LA Major Grants:
- Creating a photography-focused Artist In Residence Grant at the Huntington Library and Gardens. Huntington curator, Jenny Watts, chose Los Angeles-based artist, Mary Beth Heffernan to be the first recipient. Ms. Heffernan will research her project at the Huntington where the resulting artwork will be exhibited.
- A grant to The Autry Museum of The American West for the purchase of four prints from Harry Gamboa's "Chicano Male Unbonded" series. These prints will be shown as part of the Getty Foundation's "LA/LA" citywide initiative.
PAC•LA Supporting Grants:
- The Center For Creative Photography for research on the archives of Los Angeles-based photographer, Max Yavno.
- Venice Arts youth photography program.
- The Karen Sinsheimer Memorial Fund at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, designated for photography acquisition.
- The Medium Festival of Photography in San Diego for a lecture co-sponsored by Aperture.